IBA – TRANSPARENCY NOTIFICATION
(Article 14, paragraph 1 of the law of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of major holdings)
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, August 31 2023 18:00
Summary of the notification
IBA (Ion Beam Applications), the world’s leading provider of proton therapy solutions for the treatment of cancer, announces that it has to issue a transparency notification, in accordance with Article 14, al. 1 of the Transparency Law of May 2, 2007 on disclosure of major holdings, further to the notification received on August 29th 2023.
In its notification, NS Partners Europe S.A has notified, that following the passive crossing of a threshold, its total holding in IB SA has crossed upwards the 1% threshold.
Content of the notification
- Reason for the notification: Acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rights
- Notification by: A parent undertaking or a controlling person
- Persons subject to the notification requirement: NS Partners Europe S.A.11 Boulevard de la Foire, L-1528 Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
- Date on which the threshold is crossed: 13/07/2023
- Threshold crossed (in %) : 1%
- Denominator : 40.159.157
- Notified details: (extract of the received notification form)
- Full chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively held
1. There is no natural person who directly or indirectly hold a sufficient percentage of the voting rights or a sufficient shareholding in the
capital of the company.
2. There is no natural person who control the company by other means (e.g. right to appoint or revoke main directors, veto rights, etc.).
As a result, the ultimate controlling persons are the board members: Mr. Paolo FARAONE, Mr. Christophe LENTSCHAT, and Mr. Grégoire
- Additional information
NS Partners Europe S.A. acts as AIFM of the fund Lux-Investment Professionals SICAV-FIS S.A. Ultimately holding IBA shares.
NS Partners Europe S.A., in agreement with Lux-Investment Professionals Sicav-FIS S.A. prospectus and the AIFM Voting right policy may exercise the voting rights on a discretionary basis, without specific
instructions from the unit holder of the fund.
IBA (Ion Beam Applications S.A.) is the world leader in particle accelerator technology. The company is the leading supplier of equipment and services in the field of proton therapy, considered to be the most advanced form of radiation therapy available today. IBA is also a leading player in the fields of industrial sterilization, radiopharmaceuticals and dosimetry. The company, based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, employs approximately 1,800 people worldwide. IBA is a certified B Corporation (B Corp) meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance.
IBA is listed on the pan-European stock exchange EURONEXT (IBA: Reuters IBAB.BR and Bloomberg IBAB.BB).
More information can be found at: www.iba-worldwide.com
For further information, please contact:
Valérie Van Impe